Monday, April 5, 2010

I do believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ – What do you believe?


Resurrection: Rob Bell from The Work of Rob Bell on Vimeo.
What would my faith be without a resurrected Jesus? Empty void without hope. But now I believe, no I know that Jesus Christ rose from the dead and sits at the right hand of God the Father. I have a personal relationship with this Jesus. Today I made a feast for my family, my Wife and three kids, my Mom, my sister and her daughter. We sat around the table breaking bread and drinking grape juice celebrating a life of second chances.

Last night I and my one son started working at 24:00 on today’s meal. We had pork leg. Green beans (Boontjies net soos my ouma dit gemaak het), gem squash, cauliflower, rice, Soet pattats and
potatoes. We prepared everything in advance for today, Resurrection Sunday everything was on the stove before we left for church. We praised God for His love for us and we came back and had a feast. We celebrated God’s love for us!
Afterwards when we were stuffed, happy and at peace we spend some time watching movies with the kids. We threw out the mattresses on the floor in the sitting room and lay snug next to one another. Tomorrow may bring it’s own problems, but today Jesus blessed us!
May you also experience the presence of Jesus Christ in your life today.



1 comment:

  1. Ja, ek glo absoluut in die opstanding!
    En hoe wonderlik dat ons nou (net) kan wag vir Sy wederkoms!!
    Ag, maar dit was 'n fees - ek moet tog my selnr vir jou gee vir next time se varkboud en en ...
    Dis gesinsdag vandag, so sit julle feestelike kuier voort en GENIET Paul!!
    Pieta

    ReplyDelete