Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The more you judge the less you love.

In the church today we talk far to much about what is right and what is wrong and not nearly enough about love, grace and mercy. We must be careful of what we say about others, especially is we take the moral high ground. Christianity does not allow moral high ground it urges us to confess our sins! Don’t live the lie. When we hide our sins we tend to point to other people’s weak points and declare Sinners.
In Galatians 6 we read:

Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted. 2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. 3 If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself. 4 Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else, 5 for each one should carry his own load. 6 Anyone who receives instruction in the word must share all good things with his instructor. 7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8 The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

We are only there to help restore the fallen brother and then gently! The major part of the teaching urges us to look at our own lives. To test our own actions WITHOUT comparing it to others. Is does not depend on how others treat me. My actions are born out of my relationship with Jesus Christ and is not a mere reaction.
When I live a life where I am pointing fingers to others even if they were pointing fingers to me first then I am missing the point. I can not judge other people I can only look at my own life. To live a life where you judge others while you are taking the moral high ground is to mock Christ Jesus according to this scripture.  When we live the lie we try to smear the character of those who point to our sins. We try to get people on our side by telling stories behind their backs.
We need confess our sins, we need to confess our weakness and we need to embrace the other sinners. We need to bring grace to those who judge us and mercy to those who confess their sins. But most of all we need to rejoice in the forgiveness of Jesus Christ.



1 comment:

  1. This afternoon on the subway, I read:
    Will you condemn me that you may be justified?" (Job 40:8), and some hours later I'm reading your post! "To live a life where you judge others while you are taking the moral high ground is to mock Christ Jesus according to this scripture". The word of God judges me and keeps me in my proper place.

    ReplyDelete